Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why do my seedings die when I try to grow flowers?

I like to try to grow flowers from seed for example shasta daisys and anyway I get them to sprout and they grow till about 1/2 an inch and then they shrivel up at the bottom of the stem and die. I will use a bag and make a green house affect and it seem when I take the bag off it dies. I keep it well watered after I take the bag off so it doesn't dry out.what is the problem.

Why do my seedings die when I try to grow flowers?
It might be a fungus called damping off that sometimes strikes new seedlings. Hereis a web site about the prevention and control:



http://gardenhobbies.com/howtogrow/dampi...



This web site also has lots of other good garden information.
Reply:Be sure not to over water as the bag holds in most of the moisture your seedlings need...a heat source to the bottom of your plants is a plus and a florescent light about 3" away from the plants should do the trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment