Saturday, February 11, 2012

Flower experts .. best way to fertilize my flowers mid summer read below ?

I have grown flowers for over 14 years but this year started everything from seed, I usually planted the plants with Osmocote and now in zone 7 Or, my cosmos are beautifully green with no blooms. I do blossom booster hose spray and I have vita bloom but so much work to dig around my zillion flowers. also my dahlias are not large as they were planted late and I'm afraid to blossom bloom them because I think they still need the plant fertilizer. I know what to feed for growing plant and what to feed for blooms, but what works best like on my cosmos to get them blooming ??? I think the hose stuff is not that great ???

Flower experts .. best way to fertilize my flowers mid summer read below ?
I'd use a water soluble fertilizer for flower production. Most water solubles can be applied as a foliar feed. That is the fertilizer should be sprayed onto the foliage, until soaked. Don't bother applying it intentionally to the ground. Apply weekly at the recommended strength.



In the spring of the year, before you are actively planting your tender plants, apply ESPOMA 'Flowertone'. It's a nice highly organic granular fertilizer, that will help out at the start.



I hope that this helps



I swear by my foliar feedings
Reply:Actually, Cosmos don't care for a fertile soil. You may be OVER feeding your Cosmos!!!



I rarely feed my Cosmos after planting.



They also like to be on the DRY side. Don't over water!!



Good Luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment