Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Where do you find the bird of paradise seed? I opened several spent flowers and found none. Help!?

I would love to start one from seed, and I do know that they can take up to 5 years to flower this way. I just can't seem to find any seeds on my plant. I need specifics, like how dry the flower should be, where exactly they should be located, etc. I'd appreciate any help.

Where do you find the bird of paradise seed? I opened several spent flowers and found none. Help!?
You flowers are most likely not getting pollinated , therefore no seeds are forming. Even the experts have trouble getting seeds even with hand-pollinating. And odds of success seem to increase if you have a second plant to cross-pollinate with. Because of these difficulties, most propagation is done by rhizome division instead.
Reply:google it all the info you want would be on there.


No comments:

Post a Comment