Monday, February 13, 2012

I just bought some wisteria seeds for our home. Do I soak them for 24 hours? They were delivered in the mail.?

Then I read that from seeds they do not produce flowers. Anyone know anything about wisteria? Or have had any experience with them? Thanks

I just bought some wisteria seeds for our home. Do I soak them for 24 hours? They were delivered in the mail.?
WISTERIA IS A NOXIOUS WEED IN NC. YOU CAN HEAR THE SEED PODS POP AND THROW THE SEEDS. THEY ARE BIG AND ALMOST BLACK AND LOOK LIKE A LIMA BEAN. i WOULD TAKE A NAIL FILE AND SCORE ONE EDGE OF THE SEED, SOAK OVER NIGHT AND PLANT.

YOU CAN EXPECT RUNNERS 40' LONG UNLESS YOU ARE RIGHT THERE TO PRUNE BACK CONSTANTLY. THE VINES WILL GRAB AND CLIMB ANYTHING IN THE AREA---MY BEST ONE WAS ISOLATED IN THE CENTER OF THE YARD WITH REBAR POUNDED INTO A STUMP--I TRIMMED THE RUNNERS WEEKLY.
Reply:Keep it under control. It will spread like crazy. Give it a strong support pole that is metal.


No comments:

Post a Comment