Monday, February 13, 2012

Help! Is it too late to plant my seeds?

I live in an apt so I don't have a garden so yesterday I bought a rectangular planter thing to hang off my balcony. I bought a bunch of seed packets - sweet basil, chives, lemon palm, sage, and cherry tomatoes. The planter is about two feet long and 1/2 foot wide. Can I plant all these into one planter. How do I get this all started? Do I plant them separately inside first? Oh ya - am I screwed cuz all the packets say 6-8 weeks before last day of frost or something like that. Is it too late now? I live in Eastern Canada (Montreal, Quebec). I really want to plant them. How long do seeds last in the packets? Any other helpful hints? I'm thinking about getting another balcony planter thing. Anything else grow well in there? What about flowers (which ones are best)?

Thanks.

Help! Is it too late to plant my seeds?
It all depends on what your weather has been like lately. For me in Georgia u.s, It didn't feel like spring until now. If your spring started late, then you can still plant them now and they will grow, or you could plant them now and they will grow next year.

And no, do not plant them all in the same planter.

The seeds last for a long, long time in the packets.


  • facial surgery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment